Monday, July 21, 2014

Voila - A Woman And A Man...



Coming September 1st, three more expanded Belinda Carlisle albums:



With help from fellow Go-Go Charlotte Caffey, producer Michael Lloyd and guest musicians Duran Duran’s Andy Taylor, Susanna Hoffs and Jane Wiedlin, “Belinda” was Belinda Carlisle’s first solo album, originally issued in 1986. Featuring the hit singles “Mad About You”, and “I Feel The Magic”, this expanded edition also includes three mixes of Belinda’s version of “Band Of Gold” recorded with Freda Payne. The DVD features the two promo videos and, for the first time since 1986, “Belinda”, a 45 minute concert programme with some interview material. The book includes the lyrics and new annotation based on a 2014 interview with Belinda.

Disc: 1

1. Mad About You
2. I Need A Disguise
3. Since You've Gone
4. I Feel The Magic
5. I Never Wanted A Rich Man
6. Band Of Gold
7. Gotta Get To You
8. From The Heart
9. Shot In The Dark
10. Stuff And Nonsense
11. Band Of Gold [featuring Freda Payne] [single mix]
12. Dancing In The City
13. Mad About You [extended version]
14. Band Of Gold [featuring Freda Payne] [extended mix]
15. Band Of Gold [featuring Freda Payne] [dub mix]

Disc: 2
1. Mad About You (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
2. I Feel The Magic (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
3. Gotta Get To You (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
4. Shot In The Dark (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
5. We Got The Beat (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
6. Band Of Gold (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
7. Lust To Love (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
8. From The Heart (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
9. Mad About You (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
10. Since You've Gone (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
11. Head Over Heels (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)
12. I Feel The Magic (DVD - Filmed live in concert in 1986)



Although the album was produced in 1996 by David Tickle, Belinda’s sole album for the Chrysalis label saw her re-united with the writers of her biggest chart successes, Rick Nowels, Ellen Shipley and fellow Go-Go Charlotte Caffey. Nowels’ “In Too Deep” reached # 6 and Roxette’s Per Gessle’s “Always Breaking My Heart” was another Top 10 hit. “Love In The Key Of C” followed them into the charts, while the fourth hit “California” features backing vocals from none other than Brian Wilson. 

The nineteen bonus tracks are made up of single mixes, live and acoustic versions, three very rare remixes, and four songs available nowhere else. The book includes all the lyrics and annotation by Justin Kantor.

Disc: 1
1. In Too Deep
2. California
3. A Woman And A Man
4. Remember September
5. Listen To Love
6. Always Breaking My Heart
7. Love Doesn't Live Here
8. He Goes On
9. Kneel At Your Feet
10. Love In The Key Of C
11. My Heart Goes Out To You
12. In Too Deep [single edit]
13. Always Breaking My Heart [single edit]
14. In Too Deep [acoustic]
15. Circle In The Sand [acoustic]

Disc: 2
1. The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan
2. Jealous Guy
3. I See No Ships
4. Love Walks In
5. Submission
6. I Won't Say I'm In Love
7. Heaven Is A Place On Earth [live]
8. Big Scary Animal [live]
9. I Get Weak [live]
10. Leave A Light On [live]
11. Live Your Life Be Free [live]
12. In Too Deep [live]
13. Remember September [JPO Club Pipes]
14. Remember September [Beam's Club Mix]
15. Remember September [Beam's Vocal Mix]

Disc: 3
1. In Too Deep (DVD - Promo Video)
2. Always Breaking My Heart (DVD - Promo Video)
3. Love In The Key Of C (DVD - Promo Video)
4. California (DVD - Promo Video)


In 2007, after an eight year break, Belinda Carlisle returned with an album of eleven classic French pop songs. Said Belinda: “After discovering and coming to love French music, I decided to record these amazing songs myself, with a playful, contemporary feel”. 

The songs range from Edith Piaf to Françoise Hardy via Serge Gainsbourg, Jacques Brel and the winning Austrian entry in 1966 Eurovision Song Contest. Produced by John Reynolds, the album features contributions from Brian Eno, Natacha Atlas and Sharon Shannon. The album is now expanded to include four songs in English from the very rare two disc edition, the lyrics, and full annotation about the background of each song.

1. Ma Jeunesse Fout Le Camp
2. Bonnie Et Clyde
3. Avec Le Temps
4. Sous Le Ciel De Paris
5. Des Ronds Dans L'Eau
6. Pourtant Tu M'Aimes
7. Ne Me Quitte Pas
8. La Vie En Rose
9. Contact
10. Merci Chéri
11. Jezebel
12. I Still Love Him
13. La Vie En Rose
14. Bonnie And Clyde
15. If You Go Away

2 comments:

Thunderbitch said...

I am so getting A Woman & A Man, it's one of her best albums and the title track is one of my fav or hers :)

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

I already own the previous four re-issues and I am definitely getting A Woman & A Man. I have never owned the debut album so I'll be getting that too. I have the original limited 2 disc version of Voila, but I will probably end up getting the new deluxe as well, so I can have all the re-issues...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...