Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Covered...



Paper Bag Records is honouring the 25th anniversary of the release of Madonna’s True Blue album with a new covers album. While the original is of course (in my mind at leats) the greatest album ever released, the same can not be said about this covers album. But it is always fun to hear different takes on the queens recordings...


Track list:
Woodhands – Papa Don’t Preach
Young Galaxy – Open Your Heart
The Acorn – White Heat
The Rural Alberta Advantage – Live To Tell (We’re Scared Version)
PS I Love You – Where’s The Party
Winter Gloves – True Blue
Laura Barrett – La Isla Bonita
Born Ruffians – Jimmy Jimmy
You Say Party – Love Makes The World Go Round
You can listen to the full album on Soundcloud and download the 9 tracks for free on Paper Bag’s website.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Intriguing - I always love weird covers of familiar tunes! I have never heard of any of the artists, but will definitely look out for this... Jx

Jon said...

Just downloaded it - will give it a listen this weekend... Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Yeah, same here. Weird covers of familiar tunes is something I always find intriguing (I have several CD's like this one of various people covering Madonna tracks - most are awful of course, but there are hidden gems in between).

I will listen to this one as soon as I can - do let me know what you think :)

ShineOnAndOn said...

Interesting...must check out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...