Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Semi-Interested...



Well, it Eurovision time. The first semi-final is about to start - but sadly, I feel no excitement this year. Why? Because I heard all the songs, that's why!

The endless amount of either complete trash or boring as hell ballads this year have completely put me off. So much that for the first time in years I didn't even buy the CD.

Like I have mentioned before, there are really only two songs that I like (so far at least) this year - UK and Ireland. The one from Ireland competes tonight, but sadly I won't be able to vote in this semi. Really hope it get's through, since I still plan to watch the final on Saturday.

That said, it would not surprise me if Denmark wins the whole thing. While I find the song rather cringe worthy I'm sure it will appeal to the masses...

But here is the one I will be rooting for tonight:

2 comments:

Jon said...

I think perhaps the reason we always enjoy it so much is that very few of the gang who come dressed up to our annual Eurovision party have even bothered to listen to the song from their nominated country, let alone the rest of the tosh. It always comes as a great surprise to us, as we cringe, boo, laugh or cheer at each entry as it appears on stage...

While drunk.

Jx

Barbarella's Galaxy said...

Well, thankfully most of the biggest trash from the first Semi was eliminated last night - and the ones I liked got through (including Ireland).

Cringe, boo, laugh and cheer you say? Well, you may need to go with all four at the same time on Saturday when you see Belarus - while drunk ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...